Re: (pango_shape): assertion failed: (glyph->num_glyphs > 0)

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 21:29:24 -0700
Mark Ivey <zovirl1_list sbcglobal net> wrote:

I saw a very similar error message when using PyGtk & py2exe on
windows...perhaps it is something similar.

I was using py2exe to package up all the files needed to run my PyGtk
program, including DLLs.  It was copying the Pango DLL from my Gtk
installation but not some of the data files Pango needed (which were
installed along with Gtk in C:\GTK).

When I ran my program, it found the copied DLL but wasn't able to find
the data files.  I found two ways to fix the problem:

1) copy the data files from C:\GTK and put them next to the Pango DLL.
In my case I had to copy C:\GTK\lib, C:\GTK\share, and one other
directory from C:\GTK which slips my mind at the moment

2) delete the copied pango DLL.  My program then used the one
installed
in C:\GTK and was able to find the data files in C:\GTK

So, could your program be finding a 2nd copy of the pango DLL
somewhere?

I discovered that when I print dependencies with dumpbin pango is not
listed althougth I link with it without error. I use gcc 3.4.2
(mingw-special).

I use the same compiler flags for another program, but with some
different libraries (for example with libxml2 instead of iksemel) and
pango is listed in the dependiences and the program works just fine.

any ideas?

hs