Combo_box: gtk_combo_box_get_active_text undefined???

Dear all,

 upgrading to glib 2.7.0 (and some other changes I do not control: I
reinstalled
a full Suse 9.2 system), I get two variations with combo_boxes:
 -- first the combo box entries get a shaded darker grey square on the LHS,
     and then the usual gery part. Text start on the dark square. In KDE,
     which I'm using,  this is where some icon representing the application
     is  put.
 --  next gcc tells mes "undefined reference to
`gtk_combo_box_get_active_text'"
 Ouch !
 So where is the new api, or I'm using something else that what I thought ?
Still pango 1.8.1 and atk 1.9.0.
Any idea?

Best,
Amities,