Qtk installation Query

Hello Everybody

I want to install QTK+ on my host having Redhat 9

I have downloaded gtk+-2.6.4.tar.gz ,glib-2.6.5.tar.gz ,atk-1.9.0.tar.bz2 ,pango-1.8.2.tar.gz ,and
pkg-config-0.19.tar

I have unpacked them and folowd the steps mentioned in the installation of qtk docs..
1../configure
2.make
3.make install

i m able to execute all above commands for pkg-config,glib,pango

but as i start for atk package ./confiure command gives following error (last lines of command)

checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so

checking for some Win32 platform... no

checking for native Win32 platform... no

checking for aclocal flags...

checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config

checking for GLIB - version >= 2.5.7...

*** 'pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0' returned 2.6.5, but GLIB (2.2.1)

*** was found! If pkg-config was correct, then it is best

*** to remove the old version of GLib. You may also be able to fix the error

*** by modifying your LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment variable, or by editing

*** /etc/ld.so.conf. Make sure you have run ldconfig if that is

*** required on your system.

*** If pkg-config was wrong, set the environment variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH

*** to point to the correct configuration files

no

configure: error:

*** GLIB 2.5.7 or better is required. The latest version of

*** GLIB is always available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/. If GLIB is installed

*** but not in the same location as pkg-config add the location of the file

*** glib-2.0.pc to the environment variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH.

i have tried with setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH.but still not ablr to succeed

let me know the sequential way to install qtk ..any other package i need to download for qtk proper usage..

any packages versions i have to consider while installation ..

Thanx

Hazzy

 Too much spam in your inbox? Yahoo! Mail gives you the best spam protection for FREE!
http://in.mail.yahoo.com