Re: calling gtk_menu_popup from a button's "clicked" signal

Greg Breland wrote:
[...]
For example, our product helps users keep track of customers and what
they've done for these customers.  When our user's phone rings, they
instantly hit F6 which is an activity dialog that lets them pick the
customer and enter in free form notes.  The user is only given the
option to "save" or "cancel".  When the user clicks "save" they get a
context menu where they can pick what to do with the data.  There are
about ~13 options on the menu.  Here are a couple of examples:

1) Save as Note
2) Save as Completed Phone Call
3) Save as Completed Phone Call with Followup
4) Etc.

Until the user has been using that screen for a few days, it confuses
the mess out of them.  There are only maybe 5 places that technique is
used in the product thank goodness.  Having a required combo box where
the user chooses the type of record to create would slow the user down
or so the thinking went by the developer.  The only other option would
have been to make the combo change save the form, but that would have
been even worse.

Maybe you could have a GtkTreeView + GtkListStore in a scrolled window
on the same page with "Save" / "Cancel", just make sure that the
"Save" button is insensitive untill the selection in the list store
is made.

Just a thought.

Cheers,
                                  -Tristan