Re: creating a Preference dialog like that of Konquerors

may be i have to stick with GtkTreeView, it seems that
it can load icons too(Oops, missed it earlier)

 it seems that GtkIconview is perfect for this, but it
 is available only in Gtk 2.6, I am using Gtk 2.4
 Is there are any other option other than changing to
 2.6,

 I somewhere read that 2.6 is still not ready for
 developers use, is that true even after 2.6.8
 release