Re: GTK_COMBO_BOX_ENTRY activate signal

On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 05:25:23PM -0400, Andr? Pedralho wrote:
I remember I have already developed a GTK_COMBO (deprecated) wich used
an entry as content. In this old version I could set the "activate"
signal of the (GtkCombo*)->entry. Then I could set the 'enter' key to
do something when pressed when the focus is on that entry.

Now, I'm using the GTK_COMBO_BOX_ENTRY that doesn't have the
"activate" signal, neither let me access the entry inside the combo,
as I used to do with GTK_COMBO.

Someone know how to do it?

I'm using "changed" signal on GtkComboBoxEntry.  It triggers every time
the text changes, either by a character or by different data.

For simple example of it, try the following

    gtk << EOF
        <window border="10" label="GTK+Bash">
            <comboboxentry id="d">
                one
                two
                three
            </comboboxentry>
        </window>
    EOF

using my Bash shell extension.

--
William Park <opengeometry yahoo ca>, Toronto, Canada
BashDiff: Super Bash shell