gtktable, scrollbar and removing widgets from the table

Hi,

I'm using the table to add 3 widgets row-wise on request. Since the gtktable may grow bigger then space may be available, I've put it into a gtkscrolledwindow and set its policy to auto/auto for horizontal/vertical.

Adding widget (rows) is no problem. But when my code removes them, the space allocated prior is not given back. Or, not all of the space. It seems it depends on how big the initial view for the gtktable was and how many rows have been added.

Is there a command to tell the gtktable to recalculate it's size requirements based on it's new set of childrens?

thanks,
- Markus

ps: I'm currently forced to use Gtk1 :|