Re: async gnome_vfs functions + gtk = possible threading problem?

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 23:19, Olivier Sessink wrote:
Hi all,
Hi Oliver :)

the async functions in gnome_vfs use threading. But the callback functions
from the async gnome_vfs functions, are they called from the main thread
or any additional threads?

Not sure, but I remember the authentication callbacks were not thread
safe, and require explicit threading.

The real question is:

Is there a possible threading problem if I use gtk function calls in the
gnome_vfs async callbacks?

I suposse not, as there have been some work done on this to ensure
thread safety - as example the internal function
gnome_vfs_module_callback_set_in_async_thread ensures async tasks are
called in the same thread that launched it - but may be caveats in the
authentication callbacks when using async API.

May be better to wait for an authoritative answer as I may be wrong
here. I'm speaking from memory and did not used gnome_vfs too much.

Regards.
--
Iago Rubio