Re: "gtk+" + "omniORB" ( corba )

Dnia 24-01-2005, pon o godzinie 17:53 +0000, Linux User napisał:
 Is it possible ( and a good idea ) to code a program with GTK+ and
omniORB at the project ?
 I heard issues about this ( something about thread incompatabilities ),
but I'm not sure about that.

I don't know anything about technical side of omniORB + GTK+ mix, but
you almost certainly don't want to use CORBA, especially not in C. If
possible, check out DBUS (http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fdbus )
and see if it will suit your needs.

 I could do what I want with Bonobo, but I don't want to be "attached"
to Gnome libraries ( libGnome and libGnomeui ).

Even more than CORBA in general, you particularly don't want to use
Bonobo. It's being deprecated on all fronts, and GNOME is massively
backing off from using it, new code shouldn't really rely on Bonobo.

Cheers,
Maciej

--
Maciej Katafiasz <ml mathrick org>