Re: gtk 2.6.1 on Windows: icon themes

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, I wrote wrote:

I just tried cross-compiling gtk 2.6.1 and friends Linux -> win32 (previously I've relied on Tor's binaries).

I seem to be "almost there," but my app segfaults when I try to access a menu item that contains a stock icon. The crash is in libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll, and the trace seems to center on gtk_icon_theme_new...

This is still a mystery to me. I tried compiling the GTK dlls with '-g' but my knowledge of Windows is such that I still couldn't get a helpful trace. But the app crashes on attempting to display any stock icons. This is tested on win98 and XP. Funnily enough, the crash did not occur on XP using the debugging GTK dlls (though on win98 the crash still occurred).

Anyone else trying the latest GTK release on Windows?

Allin Cottrell