gtk 2.6.1 on Windows: icon themes

I just tried cross-compiling gtk 2.6.1 and friends Linux -> win32 (previously I've relied on Tor's binaries).

I seem to be "almost there," but my app segfaults when I try to access a menu item that contains a stock icon. The crash is in libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll, and the trace seems to center on gtk_icon_theme_new.

The app worked fine using Tor's gtk 2.4, so I'm inferring that the problem lies in my build or installation of gtk 2.6. Any notions of what I might be missing? (I don't have any "hicolor" icon dir in the Windows installation, but that hasn't been a problem in the past.) Thanks for any help.

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics