gtk-can-change-accels

hello,

i hope i'm not asking anything that's already been clarified before; the
archives of this list are huge and i couldn't find out whether this has been
asked before.

i'm writing a gtk+2 application (the interface of which gets created by
glade), and i'd like to make use of this magnificent feature that allows
users to change the keyboard shortcuts by hovering on a menu entry with the
mouse and pressing the buttons.

now i've tried to achieve this by creating a ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file containing
'gtk-can-change-accels = 1' and also by setting the appropriate value to 1
with 'gnome-conf'. it didn't work. then i tried to do a

        GtkSettings *settings = gtk_settings_get_default();
        g_object_set(settings, "gtk-can-change-accels", TRUE, NULL);

right after creating my main window containing a menubar (created with glade);
this didn't work, either, i still could not change the shortcuts.

i'd appreciate any help and hints.

i did read the post by havoc pennington saying that one should not hard-code
this setting as it should be user-configurable, but as i mentioned, i
couldn't configure it with the rc file.

gyözö both

--
The older I grow, the less important the comma becomes.  Let the reader
catch his own breath.