Re: How best to fetch a web page...

Freddie Unpenstein wrote:

Just another suggestion: gnome_vfs

Its dependancies are a little stiff, although I was planning in the future to turn the whole thing into an
applet, or stick it into the notification area, or something.  Which as I understand it, means pulling in
Gnome anyhow.

Raw TCP -- simple, would work, pain in the butt, and limited.
Wget -- Done.  Pretty error messages, but limited control.
GnetHttp -- Isn't readily available yet.
libCurl -- lots of features, but needs threading?
No libcurl does not require threading, you can use it's multi interface, which i'd recommend too if you're doing a lot of downloading. http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-multi.html

Gnome VFS -- may as well make it a Gnome app.

Fredderic