Re: [Glade-devel] Re: libglade vs glade for dialog generation

Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
Let me briefly sum up, again. Using libglade + XML file instead of Glade
generated code means, you
- have more external library dependancies,
>- have higher disk space consumption
>- have greater installation package if it's to be self-contained

Statically link to libglade. libglade isn't that big.
And one can write a script/program to convert the bytes in the XML file to a C array, similar to gdk-pixbuf-csource. Then you tell libglade to parse the XML file from a variable instead of from a file.

> - have higher RAM conumption at application execution time

I really doubt that matters compared to the rest of the app or the desktop. libglade apps run fine even on my Pentium 166 48 MB RAM. You can free the GladeXML object once the widgets have been created.