Re: libglade vs glade for dialog generation

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:21:51 +0000, Hazael Maldonado Torres
<gtk-development itxolutions com> wrote:
Hi folks

I have been using Gtk for some months with glade for GUI development. So
far I only use the code generation option of glade but I saw that some
application such as gnumeric only use the xml file generated by glade
(import.glade) and then they load that file at running time using libglade.

The question is simple, Which way is the best? I will develop and
application which will have more than 20 dialogs therefore i am
interested to know which approach will give the application better
performance.

performance-wise you will take a small performance hit at application
initialization time for using libglade (the time it takes to parse the
XML file),
after that it doesn't make a difference.

Using libglade will:
    - Simplify your application code
    - Allow you to change your UI without changing your code

Generating code with glade is pretty much depricated by public opinion.

Note also that the new generation of glade will not generate code at all.

Cheers,
                                              -Tristan