Two problems with widget placement

Hi everyone !

Thank you for helping with my previous problem - works
well now.

Now I'm getting some very weird results regarding
widget placement...

I have two GtkTextView-s in a GtkVBox, and the whole
thing is attached to a scrollbar using a GtkHBox.

Now, my problems are as follows:

1. Those two GtkTextView-s have the same size, but I'd
like one of them to occupy 3/4s of the space, the
other one 1/4 of the space. The size hints seem to
operate in some different way (at least according to
trying them in glade).

2. The GtkTextView-s resize themselves, so that all
their text fits inside (without scrolling). This is
bad, as I end up with a HUGE window. How to force them
not to resize the main application window ?

Thanks,

/ Tomas