Re: Fonts

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:09:45 +0300, Alexander S.Kresin
<alex belacy belgorod su> wrote:
  Is the pango font system really better than the old GdkFont ?
  What are the possible problems if I'll use the GdkFont in my
  programs instead of pango ?

It is much better, and quite an easy port (I found).

  How can I get the PangoFontDescription from a user, like I get
  GdkFont from the GtkFontSelectionDialog ?

Use gtk_font_selection_get_font_name() to get a string like "Sans 12"
describing the font.

Use pango_font_description_from_string() to make a
PangoFontDescription from that string.

John