Re: libglade vs glade for dialog generation

Gus Koppel ha scritto lo scorso 19/01/2005 13:37:
Tristan Van Berkom wrote:

I have been using Gtk for some months with glade for GUI
development. So far I only use the code generation option of glade

[...]

Generating code with glade is pretty much depricated by public
opinion.

Note also that the new generation of glade will not generate code at
all.

Actually, to me that sounds like a threat, which may jeopardize not only
my but also other people's future work or plans with GTK+!

I've been working with libglade for a while but returned to Glade
generated code. There is a handfull of reasons for that, which may or
may not apply to others as well:

[... a big cut of a lot of good reasons, IMHO]

<offtopic_request>
So my plea, likely on behalf of others as well, is *not* to abandon code
generating facility of Glade! Forcing programmers to use libglade is a
non-trivial compatibility and dependancy breach and bloats applications
in a way, not every programmer who uses GTK+ is willing to accept!
</offtopic_request>

I fully agree with your point of view and your arguments; I join your offtopic request too.