Re: can't access notebook widget from menu?

Menus are not part of the widget hierarchy. You acn either pass the notebook pointer as user data to the menu callback or make your top window global.

N Deepak wrote:

Hello,

 I am developing a GNOME application (GPLed).  I used Glade for the UI.
 The main part of the app is a 3-tab notebook.

 I can access this notebook from a toolbar button like this:
 w = gtk_widget_get_toplevel(b), lookup_widget(w, "notebook_widget")

 However, the same scheme does not work on a menu-item.  All my menus
 are therefore dysfunctional.

 Can anyone please tell where I am going wrong?

Thanks!
Deepak