Re: GtkTreeView with huge amount of rows; dynamic data source?

Hi, Greg,

Just wondering about your problem (and testing if I can reply to the messages I see in the daily digest)...

Is there a way to know the size in pixels a widget/container occupies in a given time? Maybe a Gdk function? If there is one, the maybe you could get the number of shown rows by dividing the treeview size by the average row size (probably something proportional to the font in use by GTK). You could have this calculation redone every time the resize event happened (size_allocate? size_request? check_resize?).

I think that this solution is probably naive, but I am really a rookie in GTK andm if this idea does not work, I would also like to know how to "make things work"...

Regards,

Fabricio Rocha