Filtering a GtkTreeStore correctly

Hi,

I wonder, how I can filter entries in a GtkTreeStore correctly.

The current stuff I use is a GtkTreeModelFilter with an own function
connected using gtk_tree_model_filter_set_visible_func.

The problem is that only the parent rows/iters are checked, but not
their children, what's - in my opinion - a wrong behaviour.

The connected function(s) should also operate on the children
automatically. Or do I something wrong?

Code excerpt:

[...]
model = gtk_tree_model_filter_get_model (GTK_TREE_MODEL_FILTER (filter));
model = gtk_tree_model_filter_new (model, NULL);

/* connector */
gtk_tree_model_filter_set_visible_func (GTK_TREE_MODEL_FILTER (model),
                                        filter_translation,
                                        (gpointer) text, NULL);
[...]

filter function:

static gboolean
filter_translation (GtkTreeModel *model, GtkTreeIter *iter, gpointer data)
{
     gchar *text = (gchar *) data;
     gchar *value = NULL;
     gboolean retval = FALSE;

     gtk_tree_model_get (model, iter, EDIT_TRANS, &value, -1);

     retval = (g_strrstr (value, text) != NULL);
     g_free (value);
     return retval;
}

If I have a model with data like this:

+- Test123
 +--- Test
 +--- Bar
 +--- Foo

and want to filter on "Test", the expected result would be

+- Test123
 +--- Test

Intstead I receive

- Test123

What would be the correct approach here (if any)?

Regards
Marcus

--
We don't understand the software, and sometimes we don't understand the
hardware, but we can *see* the blinking lights!