Re: Canvas basics

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 01:45:53PM +0000, Roger Leigh wrote:

One other problem I've run into is text scaling.  I can use
gnome_canvas_set_pixels_per_unit to set the canvas scaling factor
(cse-mainwindow.c, line 73).  If I change this, the text does not
scale with the other canvas items.  How can I get this to work
correctly?  At a scaling factor of 1.0, I get an unreadable mess.

For custom canvas item's you are doing the drawing, and hence need
to handle the scaling of text yourself.  Have a look at gnumeric's
src/item-bar.c for an example.