cross-compiling glib, and threads

When cross-building glib for win32 on Linux, I'm getting:

checking for thread implementation... win32
configure:
  WARNING: I can't find the MACRO to enable thread safety on your
  platform (normally it's _REENTRANT). I'll not use any flag on
  compilation now, but then your programs might not work.
  Please provide information on how it is done on your system.
checking thread related cflags...
checking thread related libraries...
checking for localtime_r... no
checking size of struct _GThreadData *... 4
configure:
  WARNING: the 'g_get_(user_name|real_name|home_dir|tmp_dir)'
  functions will not be MT-safe during their first call because
  there is no working 'getpwuid_r' on your system.
configure:
  WARNING: the 'g_date_set_time' function will not be MT-safe
  because there is no 'localtime_r' on your system.

How bad is this? Is there a right way to enable thread safety, for a cross mingw built with support for win32 threads? Thanks for any help.

Allin Cottrell