Re: Glade and dialogs

[ A b h i s h e k ] ha scritto lo scorso 23/02/2005 06:55:
hey guys,

i am using Glade 2.0 in which i have created a Gnome window as well as a Gnome dialog box. So now when i click on some menu option i would like to display this dialog box. I dont know how to implement this without getting into the hassle of global variables and all. And also when i do somehow manage to display the Gnome about dialog box, i cannot understand which event is called when i close this box. could someone please help me out. Im pretty new to Gtk programming. Thanks

If you look at glade generated "interface.c", you win find a function create_YourDialogName (); you can simply call that function with something like this:

GtkWidget * dlg,
          * parent;

parent = lookup_widget (GTK_WIDGET (button), "YourMainWindowName");
dlg    = create_YourDialogName ();
gtk_window_set_position (GTK_WINDOW (dlg),
                         GTK_WIN_POS_CENTER_ON_PARENT);
gtk_window_set_modal (GTK_WINDOW (dlg), TRUE);
gtk_window_set_transient_for (GTK_WINDOW (dlg), GTK_WINDOW (parent));
gtk_widget_show (dlg);

Of course, all this provided that you're using glade generated code.

Cheers