Simple GtkRange Problem

I must be missing something very obvious, but for the life of me I can't
find it.  I'm using a GtkVscale widget with FC2 GTK2.4 like so:

control = gtk_vscale_new(NULL);
gtk_scale_set_digits(GTK_SCALE(control), 0);
gtk_range_set_range(GTK_RANGE(control), 0, 100);
gtk_range_set_increments(GTK_RANGE(control), 1, 10);

The step always works as expected when using the up/down arrow keys.
However, the page is always double what I set.  In the case above, Page
Up/Down results in the value changing by 20.  I did see someone in the
past have problems on Mac with the page increment event being called
twice, could this be my problem?

Does GtkRange use Pango units or something?  If no one has a quick idea
about what my problem might be, I'll create a minimum test script
tomorrow.  Any help is appreciated.