Advice about gtk+2.4.x or gtk+2.6.x

Hello all ...

I think someone can advice me about what choice is the best for my
situation ... How can I use use in my gtk+2.4.10 application a custom
button that is available only by gtk+2.6.X ? This widget is called "",
and it's a custon button that has a combo to provide more than one
functionalities ... it's like the "back/forward" button in  your web
browser (a button plus a "popdown" menu, activated by clicking in the
arrow on its left or right side).

I can migrate to gtk+2.6.x normally , but doing this, I would limite
the developers running this version of gtk, and as it's a open source
software, I don't want to restrict it, because gtk+2.4.X is still more
popular ...

I have pull the gtk+2.6.2 and I've found the files that interest to
run my application with this button available. I've copy this files to
my app_dir, and I wanna know if is possible to compile this file from
gtk+2.6.x to make this widget available to my gtk+2.4.X app ?!

Thanks for any help ...

--
Antonio Gomes
Embedded Linux Developer