Re: Telling a tree_view a model has changed

Maulet wrote:

Denis wrote:

Maulet wrote:

You have to do nothing. The tree view does the job for you!
When a model is connected to a tree view with gtk_tree_view_set_model() or gtk_tree_view_new_with_model(), the tree view reflects any change in the model automatically.

I understand that but my problem is that I do not want to change the model object itself but only to ask to reread it because some things changed in it.

Yes, that's what I've tried to say, but perhaps I've been unclear:

You don't have to reconnect the model to the tree view to make it reflect any change in the model. If you change one item in a model, you should see the row in the tree view changing its contents acordingly.
Just make the test!

I do not see how this can happen since I made my *own* model and do not do anything which can notify the view. Is there something I should do in the model to say "Hi everybody, I have changed" ?

Is this mechanism exist then, I understand your advice with the loop.

Thanks for your help,

Denis.