Re: Should I use GTK+ or even GUI ?

hi hi,

reading CList sounds like gtk1.2, right. Maybe consider using gtk-2 as gtk1.2 is
not recent.
And your "Xlib: unexpected async reply" sounds like you update the gtk widget
from within a thread without proper thread locking.
In gtk-2 the methods to use are called gdk_threads_enter() and
gdk_threads_leave(). Dunno whats theri name in gtk1.2

Stefan

Btw. sending the mail once would be sufficient....
Hi,
   Recently I am writting a multi-thread program, which is a
comunication application. In this program I need to display all received
messages on a CList control. Because the messages are successive coming
in, I have to remove the old messages in this CList control
continuously.  However, after a few hours, the program will halt
automatically with a error:

Xlib: unexpected async reply

I have spend much time to resolve this problem with little effect. So, I
wonder whether I should use graphical interface to display those messages.