Should I use GTK+ or even GUI ?

Hi, Recently I am writting a multi-thread program, which is a comunication application. In this program I need to display all received messages on a CList control. Because the messages are successive coming in, I have to remove the old messages in this CList control continuously. However, after a few hours, the program will halt automatically with a error:

Xlib: unexpected async reply

I have spend much time to resolve this problem with little effect. So, I wonder whether I should use graphical interface to display those messages.

与联机的朋友进行交流,请使用 MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com/cn