Re: Set number of rows in GtkTreeView

OOps, right. Thats possible too using a FilteredTreeModel. That is you overlay your model with a filter that answers for each row, if it should be shown or not.
Look up GtkTreeModelFilter to lean more about it.

Stfan

Ken Siersma schrieb:

Stefan,

Thanks for your reply.

Maybe I wasn't clear - I don't want to add columns. I only want one column. I want to specify a number of rows to always display in my GtkTreeView widget, regardless of how many entities are in my GtkListStore. I'm using the GtkTreeView to display a list of files. Sometimes there are no files, sometimes there are 100 files. I want my GtkTreeView to always display 15 rows.

I'm porting code from Motif, and Motif can do this simply by specifying the XmNvisibleItemCount property for it's list widget. I'm looking for a simple way to do this in GTK as well. I've looked through the API, but it didn't seem like there were any simple solutions like this.

-Ken

Stefan Kost wrote:

Hi Ken,

yes that is. That is the reason you have a TreeView widget and a TreeModell. The TreeModel contains your data. The TreeView contains TreeColumns that display data. Adding more columns to a treeview is easy. The difficult part is adding more columns to you model. This often requires to write an own model class.

Stefan

Hello all,

I have a GtkListStore that I am displaying in a GtkTreeView widget, and I want to assign a set number of rows to be displayed in the GtkTreeView, regardless of how many entities are in the GtkListStore. Is it possible to do this?

Thanks,
Ken