Re: Memory allocation in Windows error

edward hage writes:
I wrote a GTK-application in Linux and it works fine.

That might just be a coincidence, it might *seem* to work fine, with
some input data. Have you run it under valgrind on Linux?

Or, download an evaluation copy of Purify or BoundsChecker for Windows
and run it under that. (Hmm, except that those tools work well only if
you build with MSVC, so this probably is not useful.)

I get this error mainly when I am loading a file from disk.

That could be just coincidental, the actual dynamic memory handling
error (overflowing a malloced block, use of freed memory, freeing an
already freed pointer, etc) might have happened much earlier, and the
crash then happens at some random later point. This is typical for
dynamic memory handling errors (also on Unix).

because I don't use malloc, correct ?

But do you use any of the GLib memory handling functions, like
g_malloc(), g_new(), g_free()?

--tml