Re: grey background on trayicons?

Sean Dague (sean dague net):

I'm curious if there is anyway to have the trayicon background transparent
from a gtk application.  I noticed when writing tray icon support into a
recent application (use the perl Gtk2::TrayIcon binding), the background in
wmsystray is always grey.  It appears that any gtk2 app has a grey
background actually, where kde tray icons are transparent.  I'm using
transparent png files, so I'm not sure if there is some other setting I
should adjust as well.

  I've used shaped windows to fix this in the past, not sure if that's what
the KDE tray icons do.

  -Billy