Re: [Glade-users] display of picture

On 21/12/05, Shiraz Baig <shiraz_baig yahoo com> wrote:

Thanks. I shall try it.
But please tell me,can I load a picture at runtime.
For example, I click a button and a picture is loaded.
Could you send me some sample code. I have done it in
gtk+2.0 but have not succeeded doing it in glade.

I am not sure what you mean by doing it in glade..... After you load your
glade inteface control is given to gtk.... So for example on your main
function after loading the glade interface and connecting the signal and
before entering the main loop of the gtk you can initialise your images the
way you want... For that have a look on the GTK API. For example in a
GtkImage (as no other widget comes to mind that can display a picture) you
can use gtk_image_set_from_file()
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkImage.html#gtk-image-set-from-file
to change the image displayed.

--- Yiannis <odysseus lost gmail com> wrote:

On 20/12/05, Shiraz Baig <shiraz_baig yahoo com>