Re: GTK+ for Windows: issues with apps locating the dll's

Gnaural wrote:

First of all, big thanks to Tor Lillqvist and everyone else involved in the GTK+ for Windows port. Because
of the GTK+, Glib, the MinGW cross-compiler, and WINE, I never have to leave Linux (or even own a Windows
box) to make some Windows users happy! I love that -- in fact, it is the main feature that's made me commit
to GTK+.
[snip]

I've found out that if the user install a GTK+ Runtime (such as the one
found at http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/), GTk+ apps find the necessary
dlls just fine.

Another option is Application Paths - they are registry keys for you
application that set a path were it can find DLL's. It's better than
setting the global PATH environment variable. If your program uses a
installer, you'd set this registry key during installation. Google for
more details since I don't know exactly where the keys should be and how
that works.

--
He's dead, Jim.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI