Re: signals and threads

Dmitry A. Yanko wrote:
On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 01:50:40PM -0500, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
[...]
My app architecture:

Main:
        g_thread_init();
        gdk_threads_init();

Thread_A:
        gtk_init();
        gtk_main();

Thread_B:
        g_idle_add(); - create window, set and unset signal handlers
        direct texbuffer manipulation

May I just ask why you think you need to use threads in the
first place ?

I create thread B on external event, and need to shutdown it on the user
action. Then my app waits for another external event or many.
BTW, Can i use pthread calls? Or i need to use only glib thread support?

Its better to use the gthread api only; while using pthreads directly
might work, it wont be portable & it wont be garaunteed to work
properly either.

Cheers,
                     -Tristan