Passing Glists to callbacks

Hi all,

I am having problems retrieving data from a GList when it has been passed as
data to a callback.   The each entry in the list's data pointer contains
another structure which contains another list.

What is happening is that the first element in the toplevel list is correct
but all the subsequent elements are being copied as though they are the first
elements data.

Before I pass the list to the callback I check its contents and they are fine.
It is only passing the data to the callback that causes this problem.

Any suggestions are of value.

TIA

Adam