Re: Gdk Pixbuf file saving

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 18:35:37 +1000
Nick Watts <fatalglory gmail com> wrote:

Thanks a whole heap man, solved my problem completely.
no problem :)

On 8/30/05, HuamiSoft Hubert Sokolowski <h sokolowski huamisoft com> wrote:

Hi!

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 17:45:53 +1000
Nick Watts <fatalglory gmail com> wrote:

I am trying to create a simple photo resizing app and I can't get the
gdk_pixbuf_save() function to work.
I have gdk_pixbuf_scale_simple() working so I evidently have the gdk

Here is my code:

static void save_image()
{
GdkPixbuf *savepixbuf;
savepixbuf = gtk_image_get_pixbuf(GTK_IMAGE(img));
GError *error;

// you should set here error to NULL
error = NULL;

gdk_pixbuf_save(savepixbuf, filename, "jpeg", &error, "quality", "100",
NULL);
}

GtkWidget *img;
img = gtk_image_new_from_file("somephoto.jpg");

Compiles fine but upon attempting to save the file the GError returns
thus:

message: \x08\x7f\xfc
code: 6770465
domain: G_FILE_ERROR

I can't figure out what's causing the error, if it's my code or if it is
something OS related (using win32 and GTK+ 2.6).

Any help much appreciated,
-Nick

HuamiSoft Hubert Sokolowski
http://www.huamisoft.com/