Re: GTK+ 2.8.0 released

On Monday 15 August 2005 13:52, Owen Taylor wrote:
On Sun, 2005-08-14 at 19:50 -0400, Allin Cottrell wrote:

One further compatibility issue: the app that I have built and run
OK (without warnings) using gtk 2.6, now shouts repeatedly, when
built against 2.8:

Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_drawable_get_colormap: assertion
`GDK_IS_DRAWABLE (drawable)' failed

Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_window_set_back_pixmap(): pixmap must have a
colormap

Any suggestions what's going on here?

Uck. That will teach me to make last minute changes.

Fixed in CVS with the following change.

Thanks for pointing it out,

Good to know this has been fixed, but I also notice that I get odd effects if
I try to use it with GNOME-2.10.2 (the gnome panel displays curious "black"
areas which are not correctly filled with the background colour).

Will a recompile of GNOME deal with this or is it best to stick with GTK+-2.6
and/or use GNOME-2.11 for the moment?

Chris