Modularization

List,

Accidentally hit the send button too soon.

I'm beginning to learn and use GTK+.

Here is the steps that I believe are needed to build an GTK+ application:

1. Initialize the library.
2. Create widgets and set attributes.
3. Register callback routines.
4. Define widget hierarchy.
5. Show widgets.
6. Process signals and events.
7. Quitting

I can see an application becoming very large in one module. So I would like to break the program into modules, where each module can be managed and compiled independently and finally link all the modules together. But I don't see any divisions because of inter dependency where separate modules can be applied. Is this true or am I missing something?

Any recommendations on a modular approach to coding an GTK application?

Thanks,
MikeF