Re: Problem with gtk_message dialog_new

Hi,

I don't know exactually if this tip will solve your problem, but try
to "cast" the gpointer parameter to a "gchar pointer" , like the
fuction's assignature requires [1]

dialog=gtk_message_dialog_new (GTK_WINDOW(pWindow),
GTK_DIALOG_DESTROY_WITH_PARENT,  GTK_MESSAGE_ERROR,GTK_BUTTONS_CLOSE,
(gchar *) message);

Best regards

[1] GtkWidget*  gtk_message_dialog_new          (GtkWindow *parent,
                                             GtkDialogFlags flags,
                                             GtkMessageType type,
                                             GtkButtonsType buttons,
                                             const gchar *message_format,
                                             ...);

I got a problem with gtk_message_dialog_new function :I pass a gchar*  as a parameter to a function for
creating message dialog box and it only writes a part of the whole string.

In main :
quick_message (" message bla bla ");

Function quick_message :

void quick_message(gchar *message)
{
  GtkWidget *dialog ;

dialog=gtk_message_dialog_new(GTK_WINDOW(pWindow),GTK_DIALOG_DESTROY_WITH_PARENT,GTK_MESSAGE_ERROR,GTK_BUTTONS_CLOSE,message);

  gtk_dialog_run(GTK_DIALOG(dialog));

  gtk_widget_destroy(dialog);

}

When running , I only see the part of string : message b. Could you tell me why ?
Thanks

--
Antonio Gomes
E-mail: antonio gomes indt org br