RE: Report Generation

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 Abhishek Samuel wrote
I need to generate a report which will have images as well
as some text related to each image in a particular format.
I also need to print the report.
Could someone please give me a few suggestions of how to go about.

I suggest you look into LaTex
http://www.latex-project.org/

especially if your report is scientific in nature.
You can produce .ps and .pdf output from a source
document, which is markup text. You can easily create
an index, table of contents, equations and figures with
captions, and bibliograpy (all with cross referencing).
You can also import .eps files for graphics.

If you missed Roger Leigh's post (Re: GTK Coding
Conventions, gtk-app-devel-list Digest, Vol 12, Issue 29)
go visit his link and download his tarfile:
http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/gtk/ogcalc/

His tutorial is in .pdf format from the source file
ogcalc.tex. He was able to import .png images into
his document. View ogcalc.pdf to see the results.
Note: His markup prose is rather sophisticated.
I am sure you can get by with simpler methods.
And there are plenty of books to help you learn.

Good luck,
Mike Eckhoff