Re: probelm with static linking
- From: Olexiy Avramchenko <olexiy ctech cn ua>
- To: NAVEEN FRANCIS <naveenmf yahoo co uk>
- Cc: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: probelm with static linking
- Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 12:11:51 +0300
NAVEEN FRANCIS wrote:
I am new to gtk. I was trying to develop an GTK
application on Fedora. When I am trying to do static
linking I am getting an error.
Fedora just doesn't provide static gtk+ libraries.
This topic (static linking to GTK+) was discussed many times on gtk-list,
gtk-app-devel-list, gtk-devel list. You may want to search the lists:
1) You have to pass "--enable-static" to each configure script, if you want to
build static libraries.
2) Both Pango and GTK+ libraries use external modules in run-time (image
loaders, input methods, etc) - pay attention to this, configure allows to
compile in some of them.
3) Remember of LGPL license.
] [Thread Prev