Re: Newbie questions on themes and engines

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 09:42 -0500, Eckhoff, Michael A wrote:
1. Is there a discussion somewhere on themes and engines? Do these terms
refer to
the same thing?

No, read this http://www.gtk.org/~otaylor/gtk/2.0/theme-engines.html

The first and second paragraphs should be enough.

2. Who sets the default theme for gtk+ applications? Does this default come
with
the package or does my Linux vendor (Suse in my case) have anything to do
with it?

Check the .gtkrc file in your home directory.

3. What other themes are available,

http://art.gnome.org/themes/gtk2/

and how do you invoke them?
e.g., as a command-line option like ./helloworld --alternate_theme

Try gnome-theme-manager, on the "Preferences" menu the "Theme" entry.
--
Iago Rubio