Re: Key for screenshots?

Am Mon, 4 Apr 2005 17:48:51 +0300 schrieb Juhana Sadeharju:

The screenshot application should take the whole screen screenshot
when I press "F1" key. It should work even if my application
would not have focus. In fact, I would be using a web browser
actively when I would take a screenshot. The web browser would
have the pointer and the keyboard focuses. It even could be that
I'm dragging something with the pointer. The screenshot application
GUI would not be even visible; the shots would be saved to numbered
files, they would not be displayed on the screen.

Why not simply use the global key shortcuts of your windowmanager to do
this? You could then simply call a screenshot app you like.

regards
Andreas