Re: Upgrading from GTK+ 1.2 to 2.4

There is also GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED, which may be
more what you want, since you're upgrading Gtk+.
Also, make sure you're not spelling it like you are in
your email: its _DEPRECATED, meaning to discourage
use, rather than _DEPRECIATED, which means to lose
value over time according to a schedule. :)

--- Matthew Yaconis <myaconis nycap rr com> wrote:

I have an application that I am trying to "upgrade"
to 2.4 from 1.2.  What is the best way to disable
depreciated widgets?  My application uses several
CLists and some option menus and I'd like my code to
break when compiling.  I found that adding the
#define "GDK_DISABLE_DEPRECIATED" is supposed to do
the trick but it doesn't seem to work as I'd expect.
 (I.e. everything still compiles with no warnings or
anything.)

Any ideas or places in the manual to point me to?