A bug in indic module of pango

Hello,
        I am using Pango-1.5.2 in my RH9.0 system. I would like to bring to
your notice a bug in Malayalam rendering (indic module).

        Pango misplaces the Left matras for some specific combinations of
virama. Pango treats  all Character combinations having
Virama(Chandrakala) as a single unit. So it places the left matra at
wrong positions. Please, view the attachment.

 Eg. Chill character followed by a consonant & then a  Matra_pre (_dl or
split matra) character. Here the Left matra is placed before chill
character; But actually it should be placed after Chill & before the
consonant.

My suggestion for the problems is
1) If a Char combination has ZWJ(200D)then the Left-matra should be
placed after it.
 For eg. In the case of a Chill char followed by a consonant, the left
matra should be placed after Chill & before the consonant.

2) In the case of a Consonant Virama Consonant combinations check
whether any combination is possible b/w the 2. If no combination exists,
then put the Left-matra before the socond consonant.

I hope the bug will be corrected in the next release.

Regards,
Saravanan

Scanned and protected by Email scanner