Re: gtk+ with gnomecanvas on win32

Pieter,
Hi, I just tried to build libgnomecanvas in win32 and I got as far as the linking stage using msvc. I'd imagine using gcc would be easier. I don't know if there are any other issues involved nor do i have time right now to try further. I'll let you know though if I figure it out in the mean time I'm sure someone else has succeeded in getting libgnomecanvas to compile in win32.

googling i found:
http://web.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~s01397ms/cygwin/index.html.en
but looks to be a cygwin only solution might be helpful though or exactly what you need :-)

-todd

Pieter Engelen wrote:

Hi ,

I'm porting a tool written for linux with gtk+, gnomecanvas etc.
I have a problem with porting the gnomecanvas stuff. Gnomecanvas does
not exist on win32, I think the only option I have with win32 then is
by using the gtkdrawing area.
But then I have to do a lot of coding my self.

Is there an other way? Maybe with the gtkcanvas but does that exist for windows? Or should I use a other libs like QT?
And wat about stuff like gtk+ada, can I do something with that?

P.S. Thank you todd for your help on my last question.