using app in Windows

I have written an application in GTK+ in Linux compiling it with gcc.

I want this application also available on Windows-machines.

What would be the best way to go, can I use a cross-compiler like mingw32msvc or do I need to install GTK+ in Windows and then compile it locally?

Cross-compiling from Linux would be preferable for me (because I think it would be less trouble, but I really don't know for sure).

Does anybody have experience with this?

Greetings, Edward