Re: Help With GTKMM and classes

Hi Mike,
   I think you just need to make sure you call mm.show();
-todd

Mike Eller wrote:

Hello list,

This is my first post!

I am just getting started with GTKMM and getting back into C++.
Here is my dilema...

I have a small project I am working on and so far there is a main class which contains the main function. There is also an Interface class where I want to instantiate the main window of the project and container objects (like notebooks and boxes). I want to add a menu that is another class (file). I created a class that extends the MenuBar class like this:

class MainMenu : public Gtk::MenuBar

then add all the code to create the menus and items.

So, then I include the MainMenu.h file as an include in the Interface.cc file. And create an instance of it
like this: MainMenu mm;

Then, to add the MainMenu to the window, I pack it in a vertical box like so:
m_VBox_Top.pack_start(mm, Gtk::PACK_SHRINK);

But for some reason this does not work.

So, can anyone point me in the right direction here as to what I am doing wrong?

Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike