Re: atk compiled using msvc6

why not give people a choice?

What do you mean? This is Free Software, people have the choice to
build the software in any way they like and provide to others. As long
as they follow the license.
I know it is Free Software, it is only about making it easy for use
for ANY user.
LGPL gives a user the right to update libraries that a program depends
on. if a user (who is not a programmer) want to use a library compiled
with msvc6 instead of gcc distributed with a program it is
impossible for him to compile gtk for him self.

I just wanted to download gtk runtime compiled with msvc6, replace
gcc dlls with those and run my program, that's all.